Check out Polly's Autism Awareness Campaign 2010 on Facebook and follow Polly on Twitter

Thursday 25 March 2010

Meeting with Phil Hope

So I met Phil Hope at 4 today, he was keen to help and really positive about the ideas he had. Great, but the ideas need to come from the parents and people dealing with and affected by autism/Asperger's. We spent the 40 minutes talking about how we can really help the people that need it. I don't know who has been advising the Government/Department of Health before now but I can only assume that they don't live with autism. I have to admit although I am excited about this campaign and the change we will make, I am frustrated about the huge task we have ahead of ourselves. This campaign is not about me, I am a mother that wants my son with autism to live with the dignity and respect he deserves. I will do all it takes to get our children, teens and adults with ASD everything they deserve but I do need your help. Dr Carol Stott and many others will guide you through how you can help, please do help as this is our chance for change.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Polly. Thank you for all you are doing to raise Autism awareness. If I can help in some way please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I was logged in with the wrong details. If you click on my anme now you should be able to find my blog etc.

    ReplyDelete